Alright, let’s make some bubble hash!
The main reason to make bubble hash (in my opinion) over other types of hash is that the perceived potency is higher. The effects simply feel “stronger” than most other cannabis concentrates. If that’s what you want, bubble hash is amazing!
Cannabis bubble hash has a gold crumbly appearance
- (Old School) Manual Method: Using a spoon or rubber spatula and hand mixing for a while.
- Pros: Cheapest method, needs the least amount of tools.
- Cons: The most physical work and the least efficient. You will get a workout!
- Mixer Method: Using a hand mixer with beaters attached, or a hand drill with a paint-mixer or similar tool attached.
- Pros: Many people have most of the tools needed. This method is much easier than hand-mixing and more efficient.
- Cons: Still need a drill or mixer plus a good mixing attachment that’s also long.
- A hash-washing machine (mini washing machines)
- Pros: Easiest method since you don’t have to mix. Also, the most efficient method since all the material is constantly mixed while the machine is on.
- Cons: High initial cost since you have to buy the machine (
Don’t have a washer? Want to make bubble hash by hand? Learn how below!
Bubble hash (also known as “ice hash”) refers to collecting hash from your weed (or trim) by submerging the weed in ice-cold water and agitating it. This causes trichomes to break off so you can collect them.
3 Main Methods to Mix Up Your Hash
Whenever you hear the word ‘hash’, it’s just referring to the extracted resin glands (trichomes, the sticky sparkly stuff) of a cannabis plant. The ‘bubble’ part refers to the method of using cold water and agitation to extract that resin.
The cornerstone of making bubble hash is mixing up your weed, water and ice. All three of these methods produce the same quality of bubble hash. It’s the efficiency and amount of work that varies.
This system holds the plant matter of the Cannabis plant inside the first bag, while letting the trichomes in the bags below (trichomes from which the real hashish will then be made). This is a technique that manages to make the most of all the waste material accumulated after cleaning the buds, as they still contain a high percentage of trichomes.
Below is the step by step procedure:
Usually to make Bubble Hash kits of 3 or 6 knitted bags of different sizes are used. The fewer the bags, the higher the probability of finding plant materials in the trichomes, giving a worse product. So, for us, the best option is the 5/6 bag kit. The bags are divided according to their mesh sizes: 220 u, 190 u, 160 u, 73 u, 45 u, 25 u.
Procedure For Making Bubble Hash
The procedures to follow to make our delicious hashish are not difficult but must be performed with precision. The list of necessities is not long, in fact, it only requires: rejects of Cannabis (the more they are, the greater the quantity of the final product), ice, water, two large buckets and a kit of fine mesh bags (differentiated according to the fineness of the filter fabric). Here the link for the kit at a convenient price on Amazon (HERE).
Now we will go to see in detail how to do the Bubble Hash.
Il Bubble Hash it is one of the purest and best hashish in the world. Its realization is not the most complicated and this gives it a further added value.
- Let’s assume that even knowing the exact weight of Cannabis waste (stems, etc.), it will not be possible to determine the weight of the final product but you just need to know that, approximately, 10 grams of stems make 1 gram of Bubble Hash. But I remind you that the more you use parts of the plant that are closer to the flower, the greater the amount of trichomes.
- Place all the waste from the Cannabis you have and add the ice. Ice at this stage is very important as it helps the trichomes detach from the plant material more easily.
- Add cold water until the mixture is covered;
- Shake the mixture clockwise and then counterclockwise for about 15 minutes.
- Now take the other bucket and place the fine mesh bags inside it. Starting with the 25 u hook it to the bucket. And proceed by inserting all the others in ascending order.
- IMPORTANT: the mixture must be poured from one bucket to another only after having correctly positioned all the bags . ;
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes;
- Now remove all the bags, one by one, starting from the innermost (in our case starting from the 220 u). Lift slowly so that the water flows into the bags below. Once the water has been removed from the first bag, all the remaining waste is to be thrown away.
- Follow the same procedure with the other bags;
- Each bag used will have a different hash inside. The first bag will obviously not contain the finest hashish, but it will still be good.
- Now remove the trichomes from all the bags and distribute them on a non-stick surface,
- leaving them to dry for a few hours. once dried they can be used like this or pressed to give it other shapes.
Please don’t take it as gospel that the bubble hash you have in your hands is top-grade. The genetics of the strain used and the success of your extraction method are just two of the factors that determine bubble hash quality. Experts in the field of bubble hash have applied a 6-star rating system to help you separate the wheat from the chaff.
Solvent-based concentrates have more THC but aren’t necessarily as pure as bubble hash. Also, bubble hash possesses an extremely high level of terpenes. There is evidence that suggests terpenes play a major role in how cannabis affects people.
Without a dryer, it can take up to a week to fully dry the hash, which can compromise the quality.
The complete guide to ‘Twax’ j…
It is a similar story when adding bubble hash to joints and blunts. Take a little piece and add it to the bowl. You should find that the level of intoxication you feel goes up a notch. If you have bottom-shelf cannabis, sprinkling some bubble hash on it can give you the experience you crave.
With bubble hash, you are removing these delicate glands in their entirety. There are different forms of bubble hash and a variety of colors too. For example, this substance can be wet and dank or dry and sandy. It can be maroon, marigold, or even brown.
While the potency of bubble hash isn’t at the high level of other cannabis concentrates, it still packs a punch. In general, you can expect to get anywhere from 30% to 60% THC.
Now, let’s learn more about how to make it.