This valve is designed for continuous blowdown but can also be used for sampling and boiler feed pump bypass relief where high pressure drop causes erosion and cavitation which can destroy conventional globe valves. It incorporates a hardfaced CoCr alloy disc and seat and aventuri diffuser from stainless steel type 316. Orifice range: 1⁄8 to 1 1⁄8" (3.18 to 28.58 mm), depending on the capacity required.
If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may have to right click and select “Save as. ” to view downloadable documents.
• Valve size from 1” to 6” (up to 24” on request for emergency depressurization)
• Pressure rating up to ASME1500
• Replaceable seat
• Multi-stage trim optional
• Non rotating stem
• Resistant to erosion
• Stroke indicator showing the position of the disc/ram
• Backseat arrangement available in disc type arrangement
• Minimizes effects of fluid containing abrasive particles
This type of valve is installed close to the water surface in the boiler. Continuous Blow-Down Valves remove dissolved solids at a continuous rate from the top layer of the boiler water, insuring that the minimum required quantity is discharged from the boiler during the process. Blow-down Valves are available as Angle (Type 71), Y-Globe (Type 50SR) and Straight (55BS) Type.
• Water can be removed from the precise location where the highest dissolved solids in the water are expected.
• Maximum amount of dissolved solids is removed with minimal loss of water and heat from the boiler.
• Large amounts of heat content are recovered using Blow-Down flash tanks and heat exchangers.
• Rugged compact design
• Improved effectiveness
• Longer lifespan
• Insensitive to water hammer effects