Cbd Oil Extractor Manufacturers & Cbd Oil Extractor Suppliers Directory – Find a Cbd Oil Extractor Manufacturer and Supplier. Choose Quality Cbd Oil Extractor Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters at Alibaba.com. YC-120 Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine Pilotech cannabis oil extraction equipment, being integrated in a mobile framework over a smaller area and using vacuum decompression extraction method for Shop online at LabX to find a wide variety of new and used laboratory equipment, and related Cannabis Extraction equipment for sale. Many vendors to choose from!
CBD Oil Extraction Machine For Sale
(1049 products available)
Extraction Oil Extractor RF125-A Fast Shipping Machine Of Extraction Oil Seed Extracting Seed Oil Machinery Seed Oil Extractor Machine
Cbd Oil Extraction Extractor Extractor Small Co2 Extractor CBD Oil Extraction Small Scale Super Critical CO2 Extractor Model 10L Supercritical Extraction Machine
Cbd Oil Extractor Extraction Hemp Centrifuge Ethanol Extraction Cbd Oil Machine Extractor Hemp Ethanol Extraction Centrifuge
YC-120 Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine
Pilotech cannabis oil extraction equipment, being integrated in a mobile framework over a smaller area and using vacuum decompression extraction method for less damage to active ingredients of materials, is suitable for preparation of a small amount of cannabis oil in lab and study of new process.
- Data Sheet
|Sr.no||Parameter||YC-120 cannabis oil extraction machine|
|3||Extraction tank capacity||0.12m³|
|4||Material||SUS 304 Stainless Steel|
|5||Evaporation chamber vacuum degree||0~-0.08MPa|
|6||Precision of temperature||±2℃|
|8||Cooling water pressure||＜0.3pa|
|10||Stainless steel||three-decker/outer insulation/intermediate heating|
Stainless steel extractor（10L)
Tube array condensator
coiled tube condenser
pipeline sight glass
Stainless steel water ring pump
Omron temperature controller
Stainless steel extract blue
Sanitary safety valve
range of application
Chinese herbal medicine/natural product/ cosmetics/foodstuff
Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine: The Complete Buying Guide
THC, a psychotropic substance in cannabis, is anesthetizing and has many therapeutic effects. There have been extensive discussions on how to effectively extract THC. Our cannabis oil extraction machine provides one of the most effective extraction methods.
Our YC-120 cannabis oil extraction machine is designed for small-scale experiments and pilot-scale trials, with capacities of 5L, 10L, 15L, 20L, 30L, 50L, 60L, 80L, 100L, 150L, 200L, and other customizable capacities for your specific needs.
Pilotech YC-120 cannabis oil extraction machine works by vacuum low-temperature extraction and hot reflux. Heating is performed by a jacket heater and the temperature is controlled by Omron temperature controller, which is very accurate with accuracy of 2°C.
Pilotech cannabis oil extraction machine is made of SUS304 stainless steel, which is GMP-compliant, safe and reliable，and 316L stainless steel is optional.
The extractor consists of an extraction tank, a duplex strainer, a condenser, a defoamer, a vacuum pump, and an oil-water separator. The extraction tank has a three-layer jacket structure. And the duplex strainer has options of 100 mesh, 200 mesh, and 400 mesh.
Pilotech YC-120 cannabis oil extraction machine can also be used for extraction and concentration of traditional Chinese medicine, fruits, natural products, etc., by hot reflux extraction or percolation extraction, and for recovery of volatile aromatic oils. Concentration is done at low temperature and under vacuum. It is highly efficient.
Pilotech YC-120 cannabis oil extraction machines have been sold to over 1500 customers, and their durability has won good reputation among the users.
We also prepared tutorial video for the extractors with a step by step guide, so that our customers can get familiar with the device quickly without any requirements for experiences.
If you are looking for suitable cannabis oil extraction machine, contact us for a quick quote now.
Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Before you import cannabis oil extraction machine from China, read this guide.
It answers all questions you are asking about cannabis oil extraction equipment.
So, if you want to be an expert in cannabis oil extraction machine, read this guide.
What Is Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine?
The Cannabinoid (CBD) extraction machine is a piece of equipment specialized in extracting cannabis oil.
Generally, the machine extracts the sought-after compounds of cannabis.
Many know cannabis for its adverse effects however, it can be used for medicinal reasons. Importantly, cannabis oil has psychoactive elements which are useful in the medical world.
Depending on the type of cannabis plant, the machine extracts oil from either the plant’s glands or the seeds (for hemp).
Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine
Is Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine Similar To CBD Extraction Machine?
Cannabinoid (CBD) is a chemical compound usually found in cannabis and hemp. The cannabis oil is extracted mostly for the CBD compound.
Having said that, it is right to conclude that Cannabis oil and CBD are alike. Meaning a Cannabis Oil extraction is similar to the CBD extraction machine.
Why Should You Invest In Cannabis Oil Extraction Equipment?
Cannabis oil extraction is a demanding process. Consequently, you will need the right equipment to ease the extraction process.
From the above statement, you can deduce one reason you need a Cannabis oil extraction machine.
Below are the top reasons why purchasing the machine will be a good idea.
- To produce potent and high-quality cannabis oil.
- Unlike most equipment, the cannabis oil extraction machines occupy less space. However, the size can also be large depending on your need.
- Additionally, cannabis oil extraction machines have flexible prices thus they can fit within your budget.
- The fast processing capability of the machine. A standard cannabis oil extraction equipment can process 6 to 22L of the product in under 2 hours.
- Also, the machine offers flexibility with regard to operation. Meaning, the machine can either have a non-solvent or solvent-based operation.
- Nonetheless, fully automated cannabis oil extraction machines are easy to use with less operation experience required.
- Safety is key when using any equipment. Having that in mind, the cannabis oil extraction machine is built according to ASME standards to ensure user safety.
- Moreover, the machines do have a long life span and low maintenance requirements.
- Lastly, in addition to the long lifespan, cannabis oil extraction machines do have warranties. This is a hedge from unforeseen mechanical breakdowns.
Which Are The Solvent-Based Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine Types?
The use of solvents in cannabis oil extraction is gaining popularity, majorly due to their efficiency. Also, it is easy to scale solvents.
The solvent-based cannabis oil extraction machine types differ in terms of the solvent used. Below are some of the common solvents used which determine the machine type.
Alcohol (Ethanol or Ethyl Alcohol)
Many know ethanol for its use as an intoxicating agent in beer, wine, and liquor. However, ethanol has also been widely applied in extraction industries for thousands of years.
It is considered a ‘clean solvent’ since it doesn’t leave any residual solvent in the resulting end product. Also, its versatility makes it ideal in extracting various cannabis and hemp products.
Ethanol is a popular solvent in the extraction of valued cannabinoids like THC and CBD from hemp and cannabis.
Machines that use alcohol as a solvent mainly carry out the below process:
- They soak the cannabis plant material with alcohol or ethanol.
- Through its squeezing effect, ethanol withdraws the cannabis oil from the cannabis plant material.
- Later, the plant material is removed through sieving.
- The remaining liquid is then filtered for the remaining impurities.
- The alcohol or ethanol component is eliminated via evaporation. The remaining substance after evaporation is the cannabis crude oil.
- Specific components from the crude oil such as CBD, THC, and CBG can be obtained through decarboxylation, distillation, and chromatography.
Note: Ensure the soaking time is efficient for complete extraction.
The ethanol solvent needs to be pre-chilled to -40 o C, to help reduce the necessity of post-extraction procedures.
Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
In this extraction procedure, pressurized carbon dioxide is utilized to extract THC, CBD, and other cannabinoids from hemp and cannabis.
Equipment using CO2 for extraction is sophisticated due to the much precision needed. However, the end product is potent, pure, and chlorophyll-free.
A machine that uses CO2 for cannabis oil extraction generally use the below procedure:
- In the initial stage, CO2 gas is converted to a liquid state. This is achieved by simultaneously dropping the temperature below -56.11 o C and increasing the pressure above 75 pounds psi.
- Next, using a heater, the temperature and pressure are raised to the point the CO2 liquid attains the ‘supercritical’ state.
- The CO2, now in its supercritical state, is introduced into the hemp or cannabis material.
- As the CO2 passes through the materials, it dissolves the trichomes’ membranes. This way it extracts cannabinoids and terpenes like THC and CBD.
- Next, the resulting solution after extraction is passed through a separator where the desired compounds, majorly terpenes and cannabinoids are removed and collected.
- Lastly, the CO2 condensed back to the prior liquid state and reused for another extraction procedure.
Note: The special equipment used to extract cannabis oil using CO2 is known as a closed-loop extractor. It is comprised of three chambers:
- Chamber 1 – Has pressurized liquid CO2
- Chamber 2 – Having the hemp or cannabis material
- Chamber 3 – A separator
Hydrocarbons such as butane, propane, and hexane can also be used in cannabis oil extraction.
Notably, equipment that employs hydrocarbon extraction is relatively cheaper than those using ethanol and CO2.
Importantly, depending on the type of hydrocarbon used, the resulting end product (residue) may be different. For example, butane will produce butane hash oil, while the use of propane will result in propane hash oil.
Most machines use butane for the extraction process. The basic steps employed by these machines are:
- Putting the cannabis material and butane in a highly pressurized heat exchanger system.
- The solvent will be easy to eliminate since the vacuum pressure turns it into a gaseous state that is easy to eliminate.
- The residue will comprise CBD, THC, minor cannabinoids, and plant lipids and waxes.
- To further separate the individual components you can either carry out dewaxing, centrifugation (to remove plant terpenes), or winterization (to remove plant lipids and waxes).
Note: The same procedure will apply for propane, however under lower temperatures. This is because propane has a boiling point of -42 o C which is lower than butane’s boiling point of -1 o C.
Machines that use hydrocarbon for extraction are referred to as closed-loop hydrocarbon extraction equipment.
Most small–scale cannabis oil home extractors use edible or vegetable oils as solvents. However, this option does not produce oil with high self-life or potency.
Machines using the edible oil solvents use the below procedure:
- The cannabis plant material undergoes decarboxylation, which involves heating to transform them into a bioavailable version.
For example, CBDA becomes CBD, while THCA is transformed into THC.
- After decarboxylation, the plant material is then added to vegetable oil. The mixture is then heated for about 1 to 2 hours at a temperature of 100 o
This permits the binding of the fatty acids and the fat-attracted decarboxylated cannabinoids.
- The plant material is then filtered out leaving a residue comprising of terpenes, vegetable oil, cannabinoids, and waxes.
Note: Decarboxylation can be done for 30 minutes at a temperature of 140 o C or for 60 minutes at a 120 o C temperature.
These machines produce unrefined oil that will make the THC or CBD oil taste like cannabis.
Are There Non-Solvent Cannabis Oil Extraction Machines?
Yes, cannabis oil extraction machines can either use solvents or non-solvents for extraction. Notably, cannabis oil extracted minus solvent is perceived as safer.
The non-solvent machines help in the extraction of cannabis components that need not be extracted using solvents. These components include:
- Hash– Its extraction involves freezing and crushing cannabis buds into small pieces over a filter
- Rosin– Its extraction involves high pressurization and heating of the cannabis.
- Kief– Most natural, potent, pure and versatile cannabis component. Easily separated by grinding and sieving hence you can use a weed grinder to extract it.
The major extraction methods that non-solvent extraction machines employ can be either of the below:
- Mechanical Separation or Ice Water Extraction
- Cold Pressed Extraction
- Rosin Pressed Extraction
- Keif and Hashish Pressed and/or Screened extraction
Note: Both Kief and Hash are extracted from trichomes. Trichomes are the structures that coat the outer part of the marijuana flowers.
Which Is The Best Extraction Method To Apply In Your Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine?
You can use either solvent or non-solvent extraction methods in your cannabis oil extraction machine.
For the solvent extraction method, the major solvents used are either ethanol or butane. However, you can also use edible oils, hydrocarbons, and carbon dioxide.
For non-solvent oil extraction, the cold press is a widely used method.
The other options, rosin press and screened extraction, extracts components of marijuana rather than the oil.
Arguably, non-solvent extraction methods produce purer cannabis oil.
However, they give a low yield compared to the solvent extraction methods.
On the other hand, solvent extraction methods have higher yields.
Additionally, ethanol (‘clean solvent’) does not leave any residual solvent on the final product.
Lastly, solvent extraction methods are quicker compared to non-solvent extraction methods.
How Does Supercritical CO2 CBD Oil Extraction Equipment Compare To Ethanol CBD Oil Extraction Machine?
Both CO2 and Ethanol are solvents used in the extraction of CBD oil. However, the machines that use these solvents differ in a number of ways.
The table below is a simplified comparison of these two machine types.
|Variable||Ethanol CBD Oil Extraction Machine||Supercritical CO2 CBD Oil Extraction Machine|
|Solvent||Strictly organic ethanol||No specific requirements for the CO2|
|Solvent Cost||Food-grade ethanol, with no chemical contamination, is expensive.||The price per Kg of CO2 is low.|
|CBD Recovery||Low CBD recovery of between 50-80 %||High CBD recovery of between 85-95%|
|Carbon Requirement||Carbon may be required to remove chlorophyll||No carbon requirement|
|Solvent Recovery||The expensive cost of ethanol makes its recovery a necessity.||No need to recover CO2. Instead, the machine automatically recycles the CO2|
|Extracted biomass reuse||Extracted biomass is treated as hazardous waste since it can be toxic and/or flammable.||Extracted biomass is clean and can be used as a source of food-grade amino acids.|
|Extracted biomass transportation||Due to the potential toxicity and flammability, transportation is regulated||No transport regulation.|
|Fractional crystallization (Winterization)||For cold extraction (less than -20 o C) winterization is not needed.||For subcritical extraction, winterization is not always a necessity.|
|Safety||Potential fire hazard||No fire hazard since CO2 is inert.|
|Infrastructures||Requires complex hazardous infrastructures.||Minimal infrastructure requirement.|
|Machine Cost (1 ton per day capacity)||Price ranges between $2 – $3 Million||Price ranges between $3 – $4 Million|
|Operation cost||High operational costs including ethanol cost, ethanol recovery, high insurance, carbon scrubbing costs, and energy costs||Medium operation cost since CO2 is relatively cheap. Also, the insurance is low.|
|Scalability||Easy scalability of up to 10 tons a day, within 450m 2||Easy scalability of up to 10 tons a day, within 450m 2|
|Requirements after scaling||About 7000 amps, 230 V 3-phase cooling system, and a C1D2 special room||About 2400 amps, 230 V 3-phase cooling system, and an F classification building|
|Flavor and aroma retention||Terpenes are lost during processing hence there is no aroma and flavor retention.||Terpenes are harvested during processing hence the flavor and aroma are retained.|
|Environmental Consideration||Cooling below 20 o C leads to high energy consumption. Also, ethanol is regarded as toxic||CO2 is considered by the American Chemical Society as a green solvent, due to its non-toxicity and renewability.|
Can Ethanol Contaminate The CBD Oil When Using Ethanol Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine?
Yes, for example, during distillation to finalize the extraction process, some ethanol contaminants with higher boiling points are not removed.
What Are Some Of The Products You Can Make Using The Oil From The Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine?
After extracting cannabis oil from the cannabis oil extraction machine, it doesn’t mean you call it a day. There is still more you can do with cannabis oil by refining it.
You can opt to sell the crude oil to companies for further processing. Alternatively, you can process the oil in your extraction lab to attain either or all of the below products:
- Sheets or crystals
Popular products manufactured using the CBD include:
- Sublingual sprays
- Gels and creams
- Food and beverages
Is It Legal To Purchase Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine?
In some countries non-medical use of cannabis is illegal. However, this does not make owning a cannabis oil extraction machine illegal.
Importantly, you need to know the laws of the country you are in.
For example, you can purchase a machine yet transportation of marijuana in your country is illegal. Meaning, you will lack the raw material for cannabis oil extraction.
CBD Extraction Machine
What Are The Key Features Of The Best CBD Oil Extraction Machine?
Some key features you ought to consider for an ideal CBD oil extraction machine include:
- An automated monitor screen for ease of operation
- Heat exchangers made of steel to reduce the chances of corrosion
- Air-filled loading lids for a tight and stable fitting
- Easy scalability
- High-pressure conditions for maximum and fast extraction
- High yield, in terms of production level per hour
- High capacity of the machine, in terms of how much cannabis it can hold
- Support that is GMP compliant
- Low operating costs
What Are The Main Parts And Components Of Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine?
There are various types of cannabis oil extraction machines. The structure and parts of the machine will depend on the solvent used.
As such parts and components are not similar in all the machines. Smaller machines tend to have fewer parts and components.
Let’s have a look at some major components of the industrial cannabis oil extraction machines:
- Automated Screen Monitor – To help the operator monitor the development of the extraction operation
- Air-Filled Loading Lids – For tightening the top of the extractor after the material has been loaded
- Extraction Cylinder– This is where the extraction takes place. A machine can have merged cylinders to increase capacity.
- Reactors – Which act as pressurized vessels
- Heat Exchangers
- Collector Vessel – For collecting the extract.
As mentioned earlier, some parts may differ according to the machine type. Consider the examples below.
- Carbon Dioxide Pumps And Cylinder Systems – For machines using CO2 as a solvent
- Cold Chambers– For Machines using Ethanol as a solvent
How Does Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine Operate?
In this case, we consider a solvent-based cannabis oil extraction machine:
- First, the solvent is fed into the operating tank.
- The solvent, from the operating tank, is then introduced to the plant material in the extraction cylinder. Here, the extraction process commences.
- Next, the extract pours from the extraction cylinder into the collecting vessel. The solvent then begins to vaporize at this stage.
Heat can be applied on the collecting vessel to increase the vaporization rate.
- The solvent then moves through the expansion filter. Here, the vaporized solvent drops to the vessel’s lower parts.
It is then withdrawn through a recovery pump.
What Are The Maintenance Guidelines For Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine?
Maintaining a cannabis oil extraction machine starts right from its operation. Below are some guidelines to guide you in maintaining your machine.
- Read the user guides, before operating the machine, to help you operate the machine effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure that all the parts of the machine are in good shape and properly placed before powering up the machine. You can use the machine’s manual to check this.
- Depending on the oil ensure you adjust the extraction temperature. Usually, the temperature ranges between 120 o C to 180 o
You should also warm up the machine under cold room temperature conditions.
- Ensure even loading of the materials to the machine to ensure consistent and efficient production.
- Check that the blower or fans are functional if you intend to use the machine for a long time. Either of the two will help cool down the machine.
- Come up with a maintenance schedule, in line with your production schedule. This way, you will routinely carry out maintenance on your machine.
- Lastly, ensure you fill in your machine’s logbook for future reference. Also, regular filling of the logbook will help you note any decline in production levels.
Which Are The Main Sanitary And Hygienic Design Requirements For Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine?
Sanitation is critical in the edibles industry.
Since cannabis oil is meant for human consumption, sanitary standards must be upheld in its production.
Importantly, keen interest is put in the design of cannabis oil extraction machines to ensure they meet the required sanitary standards.
Below are the major sanitary parameters considered during the construction and design of a cannabis oil extraction machine.
These are the interior parts or the parts that come into contact with the oil and the materials. Contact services should be:
- Impervious and smooth
- Have no cracks
- Constructed from non-absorbent and non-porous materials
- Non-reactant to the materials (cannabis and solvents)
- Not contamination prone
Majorly, the non-contact surface needs to be easy to clean and have a good finishing. Non-contact surfaces may act as a breeding spot for bacteria that develop due to material spillage.
Various materials are used in the construction of a cannabis oil extraction. Listed below are some recommended materials for sanitary purposes.
- Stainless Steel –Durable, corrosion resistant, and cheaper; thus the most ideal for contact surfaces. Also, it is less prone to contamination and easy to clean.
Stainless Steel Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine
- Titanium – More durable, high corrosion resistance, but more costly than stainless steel
- Platinum – Similar to titanium, it is of high quality but expensive
- Copper – Not ideal for acidic solvents
- Aluminum – Also not ideal for corrosive solvents. Plus, it is meant for lightweight
The surface texture; after texturing, polishing, or grinding; should:
- Have no cracks
- Meet sanitary standards
- Be Smooth
A cannabis oil extraction machine should not have any crevices or sharp corners that may be a breeding spot for bacteria.
Also, the machine should be easy to assemble and disassemble for easy cleaning and maintenance.
Nonetheless, the tanks and vessels should be self-draining with no obstruction. Lastly, permanent pipes should be positioned downwards for easy drainage.
How Do You Troubleshoot Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine?
The table below is a quick troubleshooting guide for the three main problems your cannabis oil extraction machine may be having.
What Are The Key Factor To Consider Before Buying CBD Oil Extraction Equipment?
Similar to any other equipment, you should consider the below factors when purchasing a CBD oil extraction machine.
- Machine’s Safety – The machine should not pose any adverse risks to the operator or the people around.
- Drawbacks Of The Machine – Generally, the benefits should outweigh the drawbacks of the machine.
- Automation – An automated machine is more efficient, highly productive, has low labor requirement, and easy to operate.
- Cost – It is a fact that cheap is expensive, but do not overstretch your budget. You can find quality machines that are cost-friendly.
Are There Medical Cannabis Oil Extraction Machines?
Yes, mostly cannabis oil is extracted for its medicinal properties. Deductively, almost all cannabis oil extraction machines are medical.
However, the small-scale (used at home) machines may not meet the required medical standards.
What Are The Advantages Of Industrial CO2 Cannabis Oil Extractor Machine?
The CO2 extraction machine has the following benefits:
- Cheaper option compared to other extraction systems. Despite the higher initial cost of the machine, it has a low operation cost.
- Most environmentally friendly solvent-based extraction equipment for cannabis oil. The American Chemical Society labels CO2 as a green solvent.
- Leaves no chemical denaturants creating a safer cannabis oil.
Where Can You Buy Cannabis Oil Extraction Machines?
Most manufactures of Cannabis oil extraction machines have an online presence. Meaning, you can visit their websites and make purchases.
Alternatively, you can visit online stores with a variety of sellers and purchase your cannabis oil extraction machine.
The last option will be making a personal visit to a manufacturer and selecting the type of cannabis oil extraction machine you need. Importantly, ensure you make your purchase from reputable manufacturers or vendors.
What Is The Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine Price Range?
Generally, home-based cannabis oil extraction machines are cheaper the industrial ones.
An industrial cannabis oil extraction machine will range anywhere between $4,000 to about $200,000.
Conversely, a home-based cannabis oil extraction machine will have a lower price range of between $510 to $4,000.
Which Are The Emerging Trends In Cannabis Oil Extraction?
A remarkable emerging trend is the use of sub-critical solvents such as propane, dimethyl ether, butane, or liquid ammonia for cannabis oil extraction.
Also, countries are gradually legalizing marijuana. Consequently, the cannabis oil industry is growing due to the availability of raw materials.
Additionally, the growing research of the medicinal values of cannabis components is positively impacting the cannabis oil market.
What Are The Safety Certifications And Standards For Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine?
Below are the major safety certifications and standards that will ensure you have a quality cannabis oil extraction machine:
- FDA approval certificate
- 3-A sanitary standards certification
- ASME accreditation and certification
- GMP certification
Can You Use Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine For The Extraction Of Other Materials?
No, the design of the solvent-based cannabis oil extraction machine is such that it can specifically extract oil from the cannabis plant.
However, some non-solvent-based machines can permit you to extract oil from other oil plants.
Medical Cannabis Extraction Machine
What Are The Important Considerations When Setting Up A Cannabis Oil Extraction Plant?
When setting up a cannabis oil plant, keep in mind the below considerations:
- Legal Implications – The laws of your state should permit you to set the plant.
- Extraction Method – This will determine the type of machines you purchase for your plant.
- Customers – They will affect your level of production, thus determine the size of the plant.
For all your cannabis oil extraction machines, you can contact Pilotech right now.
Cannabis Extraction Equipment
Shop LabX for a variety of laboratory sample preparation equipment used in Cannabinoid extraction including THC Extraction, pesticide testing, protein extraction. Find sample mills, grinders, ultrasonic extraction systems and more for sale. Find the product you need below and contact vendors directly for a price quote.
Proper extraction is a critical step before cannabis samples can be tested for potency or for a range of contaminants including pesticides, residual solvents, heavy metals, moisture, and microbes.